There is no such thing as infertility according to Chinese Medicine. All women are essentially fertile when their body is in proper balance. Problems arise when there is an energy obstruction leading to difficulties conceiving. At Healing Roots Acupuncture, we will help to identify the imbalances that are preventing you from conceiving and customize a fertility treatment plan to help you correct those imbalances and conceive naturally.
At Healing Roots Acupuncture, we recognize that each person is unique therefore each treatment plan will be customized according to that person’s unique condition or situation. We also focus on integrating several different holistic modalities in order to get optimal results. A typical treatment plan includes the following:
- Detailed health history intake including history of fertility treatments
- Acupuncture Treatments
- Customized Herbal Prescription in tincture, capsule, or powder extract form.
- Nutrition and lifestyle counseling designed for each individual’s needs to optimize fertility
- Other modalities such as energy healing and massage may be prescribed
Conditions that typically respond very well to our treatments:
- Unexplained Infertility
- High FSH
- Poor Egg Quality
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Low Ovarian Reserve
- Low Progesterone or Luteal Phase Defecct
- Recurrent Miscarriage
Benefits of Fertility Enhancement with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs
From a Western Medicine point of view, Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York reviewed studies and
concluded that acupuncture enhances fertility by:
- regulating the menstrual cycle
- improving blood flow to the ovaries and uterus
- improving ovarian function and stimulating the production of follicles and enhance their quality
- increasing the thickness of uterine wall lining and reducing uterine contractions to improve chances of implantation
- reducing stress and anxiety
How many treatments will it take to become pregnant?
It generally takes 3-6 months to rebalance the body and hormones with fertility acupuncture treatments and Chinese Medicine. It is difficult to say how long it will take for a patient to respond since each person is so unique and different; some patients will respond immediately and fall pregnant the first month where as others might take up to 12 months. We can usually give you an estimate of how long it will take to conceive based on our consultation with you and our experience. Treatment frequency will depend on many factors such as your fertility diagnosis, age, previous pregnancy history, general health, stress level and lifestyle. In addition to acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, lifestyle, diet and exercise play important roles in the conception process. Consistency of treatments and most importantly patience is the key elements to success.